Thursday, July 1, 2010

Chrome features

Google's new browser Chrome, or not so new now, has some great features that I have just started to explore. Pinning tabs. While I had seen folks do this I had never really thought much about it. Well today there are several windows that I keep open all the time. Gmail happens to be one of them. Why take up the full amount of tab room for something that is always there and I don't need to think about it. So if you right click on the tab and select Pin it will shrink the tab down and stack it nicely off to one side. Very cool.




Then for the next level of coolness is the Gmail extension for Chrome that allows you to turn on Desktop notification. That is one feature of Outlook that I tend to like because it helps me respond promptly to important messages. Now my Gmail can have those features too.







Chrome is a crazy fast, extremely cool browser. Thanks Google!

No comments: