Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Thoughts on GWTQuery

Okay I have been working on a GWT application for awhile now. The other day I came across the need to have some effects in the application. Knowing about the JQuery effects and how great the JQuery library was I decided to see if the GWTQuery library (98% rewrite of JQuery in GWT) had what I needed. After about an hour I realized that the project was not being updated that frequent, the documentation was out of date and I found a post stating they thought the project may be dead.

I first heard of the project last year watching the Google I/O session videos. I have emailed Ray and not recieved a response on the status of this project. For my own sanity I decided to use JSNI and JQuery. After all, the few things I wanted to do was not going to be that slow and I can easily keep the JQuery dependency isolated.

Summary:

I hope we hear more about the GWTQuery project and I hope that Ray keeps contributing to it. For now though I am going be using JQuery and JSNI.

No comments: